5 Surprising Facts About Adult Dating
Five Surprising Dating Facts
Five facts that you may not yet know about dating, whether online or in real life, with some advice on how to make the best impression and land that dream date!
1. Men and women have very different fears when they begin scouring the dating market. Women tend to be terrified that they will be the one to find the next Ted Bundy and end up a victim of a serial killer. Men, on the other hand, fear that they will be landed with a fat partner! Up to 31 per cent of men freely admit that they would not consider a second date with an overweight partner, as compared to only 12 per cent of women – which men either cruel or more honest than women! A man’s fear about ending up with a larger lady is more justified than girlish fears about serials killers too - only about 3 per cent of the population are psychopaths (in the clinical sense) and very few of those, relatively speaking, have the urge or inclination to hurt or kill!
2. If you have little success when attending dating events or first dates, wear blue! Employment agencies and match-makers alike have discovered that blue is the colour of success! If two job applicants, with equal skills and qualifications attend an interview, the job tends to go to the one wearing blue. No-one knows why this is true, but it is: so if in doubt, wear blue!
3. First impressions really do matter – quite a lot in dating! Psychologists have studied data from 10,000 speed daters and found that most people make a decision within three seconds of meeting someone. Women are particularly prone to making snappy decisions, often forming 80 per cent their opinion on a man before he even speaks! She will look at his posture, clothing and grooming, forming surprisingly strong judgements on those facets.
4. When trying to find a partner make sure that you exude happiness! Scientists have discovered that the act of smiling (even if it is a forced, fake smile) can trigger the release of feel-good hormones in you, thereby causing genuine happiness, so putting on a good front is a good way to feel more confident and content before a first date. However, happiness is actually contagious and your first date will literally find you irresistible, being unable to walk away while you are exuding such bubbly happiness! Conversely, negativity is a complete turn off, seeing prospective dates – of both sexes – tending to avoid the gloomy moaners.
5. This is probably not a great surprise, but bad breath is the biggest negative in a new potential partner. Up to 43 per cent of people cite bad breath as being something that would be an instant deal-breaker, while poor personal hygiene following closely behind. So for any new meeting, make sure that you are minty-breathed and clean-bodied, wearing good clothes and perfume. Good skin and hair are characteristics important to about ten per cent of potential dates so visit your hairdresser and have a facial in the week before your date!
Disclaimer: We work hard to offer you valuable and reliable information about all of the products and services we review. In order to provide you with this free service, we use links on our site that provide us with commissions for referring you to the seller's site. We guarantee that this does not influence the material we present, but may influence the positioning on our site, and only supports our efforts to offer you the best and most relevant information possible.